Today is the day that marks the day that was not yesterday but the day two weeks ago on Thursday. If you followed that, you would know that the day I was referring to was Thursday the week before Winter Break. If you were paying attention to the title, and you also happen to be living in or around the same area I am, then you'd know that that Thursday(and Wednesday) were also snow days. So, what does that mean?
First off, I have a three-day weekend(whoopee). However, that three-day weekend couldn't have possibly occurred at a worse time. You see, and if you are in the same class as I am you'd know, this snow day will also postpone our Science Midterm. Already that test has been postponed for maybe one or two weeks due to the snow days prior to the Winter Break. I know what you're probably thinking: "Isn't that a good thing?" Well, I'd imagine all the parties my classmates are having right now due to the snow. Myself? I shouted in despair when I woke up and my mom told me that school's canceled. I know, I know; you probably think I'm nuts because I actually want school to be open. But I do have a good reason: next week we were supposed to start a new Science project. Along with the assignment, we were supposed to receive an older project that we submitted at the start of the year. I was anxious to find out how I fared with it, but this snow day will likely push that back till Wednesday or Friday while we take our Midterm on Monday or Wednesday. Not so much of a "whoopee" now, huh?
And another thing, today is Friday. That means that today I was supposed to have music lessons. During today's session my group was to take a singing test. Thanks to the snow day, I'm gonna have to sacrifice one of my free periods next week just to make up that lesson day.
So yeah, that's my rant on today's snow day. Hopefully this would be the last snow that we'll get for winter. I'm getting tired of shoveling out my mom's car in the morning so that she could get to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment