Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lego Mania

So, a few days ago I decided to purchase some Lego bricks. I went to Walmart and headed for the Lego section and searched for a suitable set to start with. I specifically was looking for one of those buckets that included a base plate, a minifig, and some bricks. Walmart was out of the large blue ones and only had pink, girly versions. Naturally I kept my distance from those and instead looked for a decent alternative. I came across a Builders of Tomorrow box and, after seeing no better set that I can start with, bought and brought it home.

When I got home, I found my other Starwars Lego sets(had them for a year now) and started building. Of course, I couldn't build what I wanted to without the base plate that I so wanted to purchase because Walmart had none. That night I went online and searched Ebay and the Lego website for a base plate and other pieces. Seeing no inexpensive ones to buy, I turned to the Toys r Us website. I checked the availability of what I wanted at their nearest outlet and found that they were in stock. A few days later, I convinced my mom to take me to the Toys r Us. There I picked it up, paid at the cashier(using a 1-year old gift card), and got back home. That night I started stop motion animating.

Here's the fruit of that labor:


You might be asking, "why are you telling me all this?" Well, first I think it's an interesting story(kinda). Second...well...there is no second. Still, it's a good way to bring up the reason for this post. I've gotten into stop motion animating recently(as you could probably tell from the video). So, like everything else I've gotten into(yo-yo's, rubik's cube, etc.) I'll be spending quite a bit of my spare time animating and playing around with my little bricks. I've already made a few models on the Lego Digital Designer that I downloaded from the Lego site. I don't know about everyone else at my age, but playing with little bricks helps bring out the best of a person's imagination. That said, I think I've gotten quite a bit of inspiration from my bricks that I can implement into the little story that I've started to write... but that's for another day's post. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment