...I shall acknowledge my nerdiness =P
If the previous posts have not made it blatantly clear, I am in fact(at least I think I am) somewhat of a nerd. Now, I don't mean this in the typical way that nerds are depicted in the traditional sense. I mean that I've got a whole lot of interests that most "average" people(at least from my experience) don't have the drive to pursue.
For example, I enjoy yo-yo play. Not to say that playing yo-yo's isn't a typical hobby for an average teen(which really it isn't), but I guess you can say that I take it rather seriously. What I mean is that while a typical teen might pick up a yo-yo and do a few tricks with it(AKA rock the baby, around the world, etc.), I prefer to take my game to the next level by learning new tricks and never being satisfied by my current level of play.
-------------------------------
I honestly don't understand why I am alone in my interests at school. I've never met anyone who displays the same interest in my interests, save for a select group of friends, and even they don't demonstrate a lasting interest. Perhaps it's because these things that I do seem childish at best(especially Lego bricks, which I unfortunately have had little occasion to use).
I also wonder why I enjoy writing blog posts when I am positive nobody reads them(if there IS someone, please kindly comment). I guess it's just a great way to express my thoughts without the hassle of paper and pen. I gave up writing in my journal long ago. Even if I did revert back to that old custom, I would certainly not be able to write as much due to overall lack of interest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment