...and fruit flies like a banana. See what I did there?
I've been meaning to post some thoughts into this little blog these past few weeks. But I haven't made a post in such a long time that, frankly, I'm lost as to what to write about. Oh sure, I've got numerous junk lying about the house that I could use as topics. But I find that there is precious little that is even remotely beneficial in everyday life. Well, maybe there is one.
The last few weeks have seen the spread of yo-yoing in our small apartment complex. You might call it a sort of infectious disease that is diffusing into the human community. Hm. That analogy might be too extreme. But nonetheless you got the point, right?
Anyway, before this boom occurred, I was the sole yo-yo player in probably a 10 mile radius. Then one of my neighbors asked to borrow my yo-yo. Okay, fair enough; I'll teach him a few tricks. I didn't expect anyone to get into the hobby of yo-yoing. But he persisted in asking me to teach him tricks after he had expended the one's that I had taught him. Okay, a few more wouldn't hurt; he learned them and practiced them.
But the big surprise came in an announcement that he would buy his own YoYoJam Dark Magic, the exact same yo-yo that I started out with. But there was something that he said that startled me: he would buy the special edition. As you might imagine, I was envious that he would get a red and gold colored Dark Magic that was made in so few numbers.
So he got his special yo-yo and began to use that instead of my own. After a week or so, he told me that he got another yo-yo; this time it was a YoYoFactory Grind Machine. Once again I became jealous that he should buy another great yo-yo so soon after starting.
By now you should be wondering, "What is your point?" Well I looked at my yo-yo's, a mix of high-end plastic yo-yo's and beginner yo-yo's, and convinced myself that I am better off with what I have than buying new yo-yo's just to show him that I'm more experienced, so I should have all the good yo-yo's. I learned all of my tricks, and practice them, on this cheap bunch; having better quality ones would hardly make a difference.
In case I didn't make my point clear: One should not try to make others envious because one is envious of another's goods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment